A Letter to My Son On His Birthday...

Avery Michael,

Today is your second birthday. In my eyes, you are now officially a toddler. In my heart, though, you will always be my baby boy. 

In these past two years, I have watched you grow and change so much. You have overcome so many struggles already, and although you may not know it yet, those struggles have all made you a much stronger person. Since before you were even born, you have been a fighter, which is a quality that runs deep in your roots, and it is something that you should always be proud of. You are our little warrior.



No one will ever be as proud of you, though, as your father and I are. You have developed such an amazing personality, and you are incredibly smart. You always find enjoyment in the simple things in this world, and you truly have a heart of gold. You have a heart SO big, that you are not afraid to show kindness and love to everyone you meet. I pray that is something you never lose as you grow older, because this world needs more of that kindness, and more of that love. 

I do not know what this new year will bring for you, but I hope and pray that it is all good things. I do know that there will be new adventures, and lots of new experiences waiting for you. I will also make sure that there will be lots more cuddle time, because I need to get all of the cuddles while I still can. If there was a way for me to slow down time, right now is when I would do it. You may be changing each day as you grow, but my love for you will always and forever stay the same. 

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, my baby boy...

Love you, to infinity and beyond.
~Momma












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Days and Sleepless Nights

Happy 4th of July!

Walk a Mile In These Shoes...